Overview and Curriculum
At Agnes Goode Kindergarten we believe that each child is unique and we aim to provide a fun, educational experience that will develop your child's life skills and competencies.
We provide a program that develops children in areas of physical, social, emotional and intellectual using multi-cultural, non-sexist resources in a safe, secure environment.
Our play based curriculum focuses on the four children's needs and interests and we are committed to providing HIGH QUALITY EDUCATION AND CARE.
We believe play is the way children make sense of the world and is the natural way they learn.
- Play is:
- Self initiated and spontaneous
- A means of self expression
- Experiential learning - (learning through doing)
- Personal involvement
- A way of finding out about people
- A way of learning to live with people
- A means of developing and practicing skills
- A way of nurturing creativity
- An opportunity for children to use their curiosity to explore, experiment and test their ideas.
The curriculum is based on Belonging, Being and Becoming, the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (EYLF). The Developmental Learning Outcomes are broad, long term accomplishments that provide educators with reference points to monitor and assess children’s progress.
- The outcomes are as follows:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators
- The Principles are as follows:
- Secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships
- Partnerships with families
- High expectations and equity
- Respect for diversity
- Ongoing learning and reflective practice
We draw on the “You Can Do It” Program and Child Protection Curriculum to support children’s learning.